Image 1 of 1

LADIES HOME_BINGO.JPG

Add to Lightbox Download
The Ladies Home, a residential care facility for elderly women in Jeffersonville, Indiana, ceased operation in November, 1984. The home was built in 1881 by George and Barbara Pfau. In 1906 it was converted to the "Old Ladies Home" for Civil War widows. The house was the Haven House Homeless Shelter from 1985-1996 and after two major fires the house was shuttered and sat empty and in disrepair until 2002. The property was sold at auction in April, 2002 to a couple, Steve and Carol Stenbro, A 3 ½ year massive renovation brought the place back to its current state as a bed & breakfast inn, the Market Street Inn...This set of photographs is from the last day of occupation by the elderly women who had lived there for many years.
Copyright
Jay Mather
Image Size
6000x3878 / 9.5MB
Contained in galleries
The Ladies Home
The Ladies Home, a residential care facility for elderly women in Jeffersonville, Indiana, ceased operation in November, 1984.   The home was built in 1881 by George and Barbara Pfau.  In 1906 it was converted to the "Old Ladies Home" for Civil War widows.  The house was the Haven House Homeless Shelter from 1985-1996 and after two major fires the house was shuttered and sat empty and in disrepair until 2002.  The property was sold at auction in April, 2002 to a couple, Steve and Carol Stenbro,  A 3 ½ year massive renovation brought the place back to its current state as a bed & breakfast inn, the Market Street Inn...This set of photographs is from the last day of occupation by the elderly women who had lived there for many years.